[Tango-L] tangoprofessionals.org: Sex, laws, and tango teachers

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Fri Apr 20 13:27:05 EDT 2007

Dear List,

As part of preparing the launch of a new organization promoting an effective
professional Code of Ethics for tango professionals, we would very much like
to correspond with individuals whose tango communities suffered the effects
of widely publicized (even if only within the community) inappropriate
sexual behavior on the part of their local tango teachers or other
established members of their "tango family".  Please respond offline.  All
individual communications will be held in strictest confidence.

We may eventually seek to publish statistical findings resulting from
aggregating the data anonymously (including geographical "untraceability"
below the level of, say, the USA or another country) may be eventually
published.  If you have information to share, but don't want the information
to be part of such a study, we would still very much like to hear from you.
Our main goal is to get "real-world" feedback about actual events and
various communities' attempts to heal from this kind of trauma.

Brian Dunn (& Deb Sclar)

Dance of the Heart

775 Pleasant Street

Boulder, CO 80302 USA

303-938-0716

www.danceoftheheart.com <http://www.danceoftheheart.com/>

"Building a Better World, One Tango at a Time"