[Tango-L] The Flying Dutchman

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 17:51:36 EDT 2007

So Miles,

  If you see them dancing all the time, then the women must be accepting their invitations. Ah Ha! You have proved my point...

  ...oh, wait...

  San Francisco...

  For SF, should I have said followers, rather than women? (As much as I hate the term!)  And I suppose the men who prefer to follow at the milongas don't mind a brutal lead or being crashed in to other men's behinds?

  Even so, I say to women everywhere (and the men who follow too), if the one leading does not treat you like a lady, don't dance with him (or her).

  Sean

  P.S. No Miles, it wasn't you. As far as I know, the guy doesn't dance anymore.
  P.P.S. To everyone, Fan's Satire was very evident in her post. Perhaps the "eyes closed" thing distracted you from her real point. Go back and reread it, then maybe even send her an appology.
  P.P.P.S. How many P's am I allowed?
  P.P.P.P.S For those of you who are humor impared, my stereotyping about SF was 27.6% serious, 31.2% humorous, and 41.3% pointless.
  P.P.P.P.P.S For those of you who are math impared, go ask an engineer about significant figures and rounding errors.

m i l e s <miles at tangobliss.com> wrote:
  Sean,

>Women could eliminate these guys immediately, if they would just
say no.

True.

>In my (anecdotal) experience, when men repeatedly get turned down
for a dance,
>their response is to try and learn to dance better. (With one
notable exception.)

Ok...that's not true Sean.

I see them all the time here in San Francisco. These gents that just
want to inflict pain on their followers...mind you SF has some
amazing leads. Absolutely amazing. I've learned so much from
studying more than a few.

At the same time there are some awful leads out there that no matter
how many lessons they have, and or group classes and practicas, they
just refuse get with the program. And its not a san francisco only
thing...its an everywhere thing. There are bad leads EVERYWHERE.

Followers beware!

(smile)

Lastly sean, ok...who's the notable exception ? Come on...out with
it! It was me, wasn't it. I knew it.

Damn...back to privates and classes....damn, damn, damn.

M i l e s.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/