[Tango-L] The Flying Dutchman

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Fri Apr 6 17:30:37 EDT 2007

Fan:
You forgot to mention that at the end of the opera, Senta, in love with the Dutchman, throws herself off a cliff, killing herself to free the Dutchman from his curse of sailing into eternity to find a faithful woman.

I don't know too many woman who would "kill themselves" to free a man from the curse of poor dancing.

Michael
Washington, DC
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango

Fantasia Sorenson <bichonheels at gmail.com> wrote:

Here's another apt metaphor, The Flying Dutchman, the ghost ship doomed
never to return home.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Flying_Dutchman

I would say that 90% of the time when I'm dancing it's as if I'm a passenger
on The Flying Dutchman, doomed never to return home to the Line of Dance.
Our ship wanders aimlessly over the seven seas. Instead, the captains tend
just to sail anywhere they see some room, whether it's in front of them in
the line of dance or somewhere in the middle of the floor.
Fan