[Tango-L] cabeceo

TangoRizz@aol.com TangoRizz at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 23:46:27 EDT 2007

I don't get the big deal about the cabeceo.  Learn it, do it, and get  over
it.  I am a youngish 52 old female, a good follower but I do nothing  fancy.  I
learned and practiced the cabaceo during my 5 times in BSAS  and got better
at it as time went on. Overall, I hade no real problems with  it.  I will never
be asked to dance with the more famous milongueros in  BsAs but I dance(d )
enough to make me happy all via the cabaceo. Quite  honestly, in the 6 or 7
years that I have been dancing though, I have not  noticed anyone in the US do it
the same way as it is done in BsAs.  The  guys here are too exuberant in the
head-bob/eye-brow action. It is a very subtle  action done as it is done in
BsAs.

I am not shy at all, but am  unabashedly quite the contrary,  but I never ask
leaders to dance.  Just my policy.

Maya from Monterey