[Tango-L] The call to tango, and "gender polarization"

nina@earthnet.net nina at earthnet.net
Thu Sep 28 14:03:20 EDT 2006

People are free to follow or not to follow the codes, and their choice
is reflected int he consequences.  There is a lot of whining going on
in all tango communities about the social discomfort, not dancing
enough, etc.  But the bottom line is that tango experience is what you
make of it.  No one is going to bring to anyone on the platter a
fabulous dance experience, a great milonga, good connection, beautiful
music, respect, a great dance partner and all those other things that
that everyone wishes and hopes for.  If those great things happen,
then marvelous and a bit thank you and appreciation are in order.  But
eople just need to decide what they want and go and create it.  And
the tango codes help them to have the same language with others who
are also there to create their own experience.

Nina