[Tango-L] Argentine Tango on Dancing with the Stars

Kace kace at pacific.net.sg
Thu Sep 21 22:52:45 EDT 2006

JFPaloma at aol.com wrote:
> Kace,
>
> When you throw out a generalization it's a good idea to  duck because
> generalizations can be like boomerangs.  I am  compelled to address your boomerang...
> So, Kace, whattya gonna do?

There is no need to get defensive as my comments were not an accusation,
merely
an observation -- that tango people are quiet and not attention-seeking,
and that
could be detrimental to the creation of positive PR for tango, since
unqualified people
are going to try to do it for you anyway.

I do not feel compelled to pull out my credentials, which is after all
very similar to
the hundreds of fanatics around the world who took it upon themselves to
launch
tango communities in their corners of the world: organising milongas,
running
workshops, sending press releases to the media, operating dance studios, and
then one day, finally, quitting our day jobs to pursue this full time,
plus spending
some time living in Buenos Aires.

Like I said, history is made by those who show up for the action.

Kace
tangosingapore.com