[Tango-L] New indoor smoking law in Buenos Aires

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 3 16:17:14 EDT 2006

The only reason that I (and others) don't go to BsAs more often is the
horrible air quality of the city. The smoking is too pervasive and out of
control. As Dany said, the smokers don't give a damn about the people they
injure with their filthy habit. The milongas, restaurants and other public
places are often polluted with tobacco smoke. When one ads to that the heavy
air pollution from the motor vehicles, the quality of life there is plain
terrible. I have never been able to visit BsAs without getting sick with
respiratory illnesses. Furthermore, I've found that I'm far from alone in
this. Many friends who go to BsAs complain that they also get sick every
time they go.

Buenos Aires is a great city. I love the character, the architecture, the
people,  etc. It's not a perfect place, but that's not important. The only
negative part of it that matters to me is the poor air quality and it's
effects on my health. Unfortunately, the health hazards from the smoking/air
pollution are so grave that in my estimation they override everything else.
I hope with all my heart that these types of legislation take hold in BsAs
(and all other parts of the world). I would be so happy to be able to go to
Bs As and enjoy that beautiful city!!

Manuel

visit our webpage
www.tango-rio.com