[Tango-L] Brian and Jake Directional Notation Analysis

Brian Dunn brian at danceoftheheart.com
Sat Nov 25 10:13:54 EST 2006

Dear List,

andrea, you wrote:

u guys sound like a blast to dance with...yawn
<<<
Ouch, ouch - come on, andrea, cut us some slack. We're doing this for you,
you know ;>

One of the many things I always thank Daniel Trenner for is that he taught
men to follow and women to lead in his fundamentals classes - in part to
develop empathy in both leaders and followers for the demands and
difficulties of the opposite role.

I might think car mechanic's training seminars are pretty dull, but I sure
like how my car runs better when my mechanic does his training homework.

jorge torres will be over in a little while to give me a lesson...
he will spend a very long minute after the music starts sensing my
body state and how he will proceed dancing, feeling this through his
left hand, my right.
<<<
Sounds like a great dancer...maybe HE would find parts of this discussion
interesting - but I bet he doesn't expect you to think so, right?  He
probably knows you don't hire him to work on your leading...;>

it is just not about steps.
the sooner u guys get this the better, for everyone here and out there.
<<<
If you ever get a chance, watch Luciana Valle follow a really good leader on
a social dance floor sometime, with radiant grace, effortless connection,
breathtaking expressiveness and superb technique - then listen to her deeply
brilliant "leader's analyses" of topics like these, at speeds so fast it
makes your neck snap - then let's talk about this again, OK?

We're not trying to force you to wallow in stuff you find boring - you can
always hit delete when you read the subject line. Or why not take some time,
dig deep into YOUR feelings and experiences, and craft a message to share
with us about the things in tango that YOU think are important?  Many of us
would very much like to read that message, honestly.

All the best,
Brian Dunn
Dance of the Heart
Boulder, Colorado USA
www.danceoftheheart.com
"Building a better World, One Tango at a Time"