[Tango-L] Now that I?m here in BsAs

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:12:13 EST 2006

Hello Tom,

you've brought up a couple of valid points - I had the same surprised
reaction when I told them I was Canadian for apparently, i dance well.

the main point i was making was the difference in how people approach tango
here and back home. Back home, for most people, it seems to be all aobut how
much you know, in terms of steps, whereas here, itºs more about how you feel
it.

iºve friends abroad dancing the tango in france, germany and japan. everyone
has a different story to tell.

what i wrote, was mine. certainly there are many foreigners who dance well,
some of them exquisitely well and there are many more who donºt. and yes,
the tango style varies slightly from club to club, from how a woman wraps
her arm around a man to the styles of steps they seem to prefer but
nevertheless, across the board, that ability to make tango so much more than
just dance steps is the norm whereas Iºm not so sure many people back at
home get it. and you say maybe they dont want to dance the argetine way,
well, i say maybe they donºt even know what that is.

anyhoo, potatoes, potahtoes. all i know is that i love love love the way
they dance here. thatºs my personal preference. perhaps yours is something
else.