[Tango-L] Milonguero style, style vs. technique

megan pingree meganpingree at comcast.net
Mon Nov 6 13:13:17 EST 2006

HI Jacob et al

I wouldn't call it tricking becuz we (my co-teacher, Bill, and I) label it exactly what it is.  For example "Working Towards Boleos", and  "Working Towards Cadenas".  We will teach whatever it takes to lay the foundation for the goal.  In the 4 week "Working Towards Boleos" series, we eventually got to sweet little floor boleos.  But the emphasis of the series was on ochos, pivoting, axis awareness, lead:follow micro sensitivity, etc.
(I am referring above to a series class, and Jacob was asking about a workshop, but it seems to me that the same concept applies to both.)
2 more cents, Megan Pingree (west coast Portland)