[Tango-L] Milonguero is one style of close embrace styles.

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 19:39:17 EST 2006

Hi Igor,

What I was hearing was people getting hung up on the label
"milonguero-style".  This appears to be a language issue,
not an actual dance issue.   When Timmy wrote his email,
enough people knew what he was talking about.  Which means
that term is quite valid.

I was also hearing people unfairly placing characteristics
onto those who use the term, even though others who do not
use the term can also have those very same characteristics.

At the TangoFest recently, a friend of ours was amused to
hear a well-known nuevo teacher complaining about how
organizers keep bringing in teachers of different styles.
The teacher thought that people should stick to one style.
Gee, exactly what some on this list complain that another
milonguero-style teacher says.

I don't hear Republicans complaining that the Democrats
labeling themselves as Democrats implies that the
Republicans do not believe in democracy.

Don't forget to vote on Tuesday.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:

> Trini,
> I do not think you are listening to other people.
> You are a typical milonguero style dancer.
>
> And of course there are many other close embrace styles.
> Example?
> Canyengue.
>
> Igor

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm