[Tango-L] Travelers' Tips for Buenos Aires

Christian Lüthen christian.luethen at gmx.net
Wed Nov 1 03:41:07 EST 2006

On 31 Oct 2006 at 21:20, Christopher L. Everett wrote:

> Janis Kenyon wrote:
> > I arrived on a flight at Ezeiza this morning and was handed a slip of paper
> > as I exited the customs area.  I've been warning tourists for years not to
> > accept a ride from anyone who approaches you in the airport terminal.  The
> > airport administration is giving all passengers a printed warning: For your
> > own safety, do not contract services offered verbally.  Go to the booths in
> > the airport.
> I believe Taxi Ezeiza offers the best rate.
The best rate is to pre-order a 'remise' which will wait for you on arrival. Most tango
guest houses have their 'personal' remise/taxi company they work with. Price is fixed
and agreed upon before you definitely order it!

> Still if you must change money in the airport, avoid the booths in the
> baggage pickup area staffed by attractive young persons, as the exchange
> rate there is 10% low.  Instead, as you leave customs, find the Banco
> Nacional office (if I recall properly, its to the right) where you will get
> something close to the current market rate.
Who's still exchanging (real/paper) money?
Just take the money out of the wall!
(Of course one allways needs two different credit cards if ever one gets lost/stolen.)

Christian