[Tango-L] women leading???

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon May 29 18:46:05 EDT 2006

--- andrea <ako31 at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

seems a whole lot of men have a whole lot of opinions
about what we woman SHOULD be doing.

sorry guys, we women will do as we please.

a n d r e a

************

I wish it were true for all women Andrea. Maybe too
many women try to do as the man pleases, at least when
dancing. Trini calls it the "slave mentality". IMHO,
when women try only to please the men, they are merely
following. It is when women do as they please that
they really begin to dance. If they please to follow
the men, for sure, that is a bonus.

Perhaps some men are threatened when the women dance,
because her dancing evokes a need in him to dance with
her. Some guys prefer to just do their steps, rather
than dance with a woman.

Some boys might prefer a woman who only follows. But a
man will prefer a woman who follows and dances.

Maybe the really good dancers, the milongueros, dance
so well that the women can both dance and follow at
every moment in the dance. I do not dance so well as
that. Sometimes my partner might have to choose
between dancing or following. I will prefer that she
always chooses to dance. I am happy for any help she
will give me to create our dance.

Perhaps some men are threatened when the women do not
always follow, because they desperately cling to a
delusion that they dance as well as the milongueros.

Sean

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm