[Tango-L] Men P.S.

Derik Rawson rawsonweb at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 19:36:25 EDT 2006

Dear Dani:

In Houston, Texas, fortunately we have a large
international community of people who have already
learned to dance Argentine tango in their home
countries or in Argentina...not the USA, so in this
town, tango it is not so bad.  The US American girls
are outnumbered at most tango events.  The oil
business has attracted people from all over the world
to live and work here.

Just this last Wednesday at Salento Cafe I met and
danced with a beautiful girl from Istanbul, Turkey,
who is a mechanical engineer and an auditor.  She is
going to Kazakhstan to build the new pipeline to
China.  She and I danced to a nuevo tango music CD and
to an Argentine tango CD and we had we a blast.  Good
dancers are hard to find, but we do have a lot of them
here.  Strangely enough Houston has become a tango
crossroads.  You would not think so, but it is.

PS-  The leggy Italian girl from Rome, Italy is  still
here as well, working on her graduate degree, and her
tango.  Life is good.

Derik
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com

--- Club~Tango*La Dolce Vita~
<dani at tango-la-dolce-vita.eu> wrote:

> Oooh, you paint a bad picture of American tangueras.
> If what you say is correct, I may have to think
> again about whether or not to dance with American
> women in the future. I think you've now relegated
> yourself to "Mr 'even-more-unpopular' " amongst your
> countrymen/women. :-))))))
>   Dani
>
> Derik Rawson <rawsonweb at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   Dear Keith:
>
> If the women in the USA were leading men most of the
> time, no problem. Fact is that they are mostly
> leading women, and they are usually doing it in an
> intimate "close embrace all the time". Most men do
> not
> want to dance with them. That is the problem here in
> the USA. These women are not so interesting, as you
> claim. They are mostly bad dancers with a
> personality
> to match...lol. Whether they lead or follow is
> irrelevant.
>
> Derik
> d.rawson at rawsonweb.com

Derik Rawson
d.rawson at rawsonweb.com
http://www.rawsonweb.com
713-522-0888 USA Landline Direct to Portable Cell Phone
281-754-4315 USA Landline Voice/Fax
d.rawson at cal.berkeley.edu
d.rawson at haas.alum.berkeley.edu
rawsonweb at yahoo.com