[Tango-L] help with your phrasing?

Jonathan Thornton obscurebardo at gmail.com
Wed May 17 00:08:58 EDT 2006

Jennifer,

And for anyone else interested in phrasing in dance, music, and life this is
an amazing book.  I originally found this book in the local university
library but I was so impressed with it that I decided to own it.  My local
bookseller found me a used copy for $8.

Sensitive phrasing is musicality whether it be in performing music, dancing,
or doing dishes.

* Expressive Movement: Posture and Action in Daily Life, Sports, and the
Performing Arts*<http://www.alibris.com/search/detail.cfm?chunk=25&mtype=&qwork=2213955&S=R&bid=8651225860&pbest=10%2E90&pqtynew=4&pbestnew=16%2E05&page=1&matches=10&qsort=r>
by Pierce, Alexandra, and Pierce, Roger

The dogs were fun, but this book is serious fun!

Jonathan Thornton

On 5/16/06, Jennifer Park <jhapark at pennswoods.net> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I thought this might be of help in reference to developing syntax and
> vocabulary as well as phrasing technique in your tango.  You just never know
> who (or what) you might learn from...
>
> http://www.newyorker.com/online/content/articles/060522on_onlineonly01
>
> now don't y'uns take this all too seriously...
> Jen

"The tango can be debated, and we have debates over it,
but it still encloses, as does all that which is truthful, a secret."
Jorge Luis Borges