[Tango-L] "Ella es asi" lyrics?

TangoDC.com spatz at tangoDC.com
Tue May 16 16:13:29 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm a dancer and writer based in DC, who recites a tango lyric (in
English) every week at a local milonga.

I'm currently trying to track down the lyrics to the milonga "Ella es
asi," but have had no luck with my usual sources online (including the
massive GARDEL server). I've tried transcribing them myself from the
Donato recording, but the studio mix of this track makes it extremely
difficult to discern the words, especially for a non-native speaker like
me. (The singer isn't very clear, plus the track sounds like it has been
sped up a bit...)

So far I've managed to make out a mere handful of lines. Nada mas...

Does anyone out there have a copy of the lyrics-- or would anyone be
willing to help me out with a transcription?

Many thanks,

Jake Spatz
spatz at tangoDC.com
http://tangoDC.com