[Tango-L] More on energia (III)

Lucia curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 15 12:59:37 EDT 2006

Sergio,

  I am afraid that dictionary attacks helps the discussion go nowhere.

  What about vigor in dance as an indicator of sexual fitness?
  Add some dancing skills, some good looks, good music, and then we have somethin'  to talk about...

  Lucia ;->

  PS I like that French definition, which in translation sounds: vigor is a quality that shows (of) life...

  Lucia ;->

Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> escribió:  I consulted another French dictionary with the following result for
synonysms of Energy:

http://elsap1.unicaen.fr/cgi-bin/trouvebis2?requete=poigne&refer=%23

animosity, action, activity, soul, fervor, passion, audacity, character,
carburant, heat, heart, persistence, courage, desicion, determination,
dynamism, efficacy, electricity, emulation, endurance,
entropie, firmity, strength, strength of the soul, hardiness, nerv,
perseverance, authority, subjugation, power, punch, resolution, solidity,
temerity, thermodynamics, tone, vehemence, virtu, life, vigor, violence,
vitality, will.

énergie : acharnement, action, activité, âme, ardeur, audace, caractère,
carburant, chaleur, coeur, constance, courage, cran, décision,
détermination, dynamisme, efficacité, électricité, émulation, endurance,
entêtement, entropie, fermeté, force, force d'âme, hardiesse, nerf,
persévérance, poigne, puissance, punch, résolution, ressort, sève, solidité,
témérité, thermodynamique, tonus, véhémence, verdeur, vertu, vie, vigueur,
violence, vitalité, volonté.

***If i had to select any of the above meanings in reference to tango I
would select:

Action, activity, soul, fervor, passion, character, heart, determination,
dynamisme, power, punch, tone, vehemence, life, vigor, vitality.

I would use any of the above but not (in this case) the physics definition,
which could be used if we were discussing the physics of motion in tango
(for instance).

Antonymes : abattement, adynamie, affaissement, apathie, atonie, débilité,
découragement, défaillance, faiblesse, indolence, inertie, lâcheté,
langueur, mollesse, paresse, torpeur, veulerie

Then if you look for one meaning such as Acharnement you get:

acharnement : animosité, ardeur, aveuglement, bouillonnement, cruauté,
effort, énergie, entêtement, excitation, fanatisme, férocité, frénésie,
fureur, furie, haine, lutte, mal, obstination, opiniâtreté, persévérance,
rage, ténacité.

Antonymes : abandon, indolence, mollesse, nonchalance, velléité

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat3.asp?id=2287