[Tango-L] Energia II

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Mon May 15 12:05:27 EDT 2006

Dear friends,
                  Every word has different meaning depending on what branch
of science or arts we are discussing.

So (IMO) when we are dealing with dancing tango, we should apply the meaning
of a word in reference to tango and not to physics. (I am sorry to have to
say something so obvious).

I preferred  in this case French and Castilian dictionaries on line .

The word Energy according to the French dictionary on line has different
meanings depending on the following subjects:

see  http://w3.granddictionnaire.com/btml/fra/r_motclef/index1024_1.asp

Biology, Chemistry, Commerce, Automobile Industry, Mathematics, Medicine,
Metallurgic, Physics, Psychology, Technology, Zoology.

The dictionary of the Castilian Language on line says:  see

  http://www.educar.org/diccionario/e/e-er.asp

Energía. f. Fuerza, eficacia para obrar. Vigor y tesón en la actividad.  En
Física, lo que puede transformarse en trabajo mecánico.  atómica,  se
almacenada en los núcleos atómicos y se libera por escisión (fisión), o por
síntesis (fusión).  de ionización, la mínima necesaria para ionizar una
molécula.  nuclear, atómica.

Strength, eficiency to do something, Vigor, tenacity, perseverance in an
activity. Physics: what can be transformed into mechanical work, Atomic:
that that is contained in the atomic nucleous and liberated by (fision) or
synthesis (fusion). Of ionization: the minimum   necessary to ionize the
molecule. Nuclear, atomic.

Finally, the meaning I gave in my prior note: Vigor in activity,  is the one
usually utilized by professional tango dancers with whom I have been in
contact in Argentina.

Best regards, Sergio

PS. Please feel free to utilize the meaning you prefer.