[Tango-L] potential virus

Zoltan Hidvegi tango-l at hzoli.com
Sat May 13 18:35:47 EDT 2006

Jennifer Park wrote:
> Michael's e-mail may be infected with a virus. I've seen this one
> before on another listserve.  I advise do not respond to his e-mail
> personally, until this is figured out as not the case.  Responding
> may attach the virus to your e-mail address, and then posts repeat
> themselves endlessly.

I can assure you, this is not the case.  The list manager removes the
attachments and converts everything to plain text.  There is no virus
in Michael's message.  That does not mean that his computer is not
infected, but even it it is, it does not come through to the list.  So
feel free to respond.

Btw. this text conversion is the also the reson why you should insert
line breaks into your emails, if possible avoid lines longer than 70
characters.  Most email programs can do this automatically if you set
some checkmark somewhere in some menu or preferences window.

-Zoltan