[Tango-L] Getting to Expert - or, Do you Work on your Axis?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 01:33:01 EDT 2006

Caroline,

When you and your partner reach a more advanced level
of tango, you just might be glad of the way he
processes tango.  Nerdiness becomes a big plus.
Really good tango is in the details.

But I understand your dilemma.  Nice solution.

Trini de Pittsburgh

P.S.  I would be more upset with the teachers for
letting him monopolize class time.

--- Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I feel the more analytical he gets about the steps,
> the further away he
> becomes from the feel of what the steps are about.
> The last class we were
> in, I hissed at him because he spent a half an hour
> asking the teachers to
> explain the "double step" that the women would do to
> adjust when the man
> leads forward with his left leg. He just couldn't
> wrap his head around it.
> (It was literally, "so, you have to breathe in,
> pause and then lead forward
> with your left leg? Or do you pause then breathe in,
> relax then lead with
> the left leg or is it breathe in, pause, then lead
> with the left leg? Can
> you show me again but really slowly, please? In
> fact, could you count out
> each step?"  It went on and on and on like this, I
> was on the verge of
> throttling him. I have actually told him that from
> now on, he's only allowed
> five minutes of questions in class or I would never
> go with him again.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm