[Tango-L] Is tango the only cross-footed dance- no!

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 06:16:06 EDT 2006

Goo wrote <<<<It happens rarely in Texas-2 Step
country-western dancing. Frequently in Scandianvian
partner dancing>>>>>>>

Being from Texas, I've seen a lot of 2-step, and never
noticed this, but maybe I missed it. "Scandinavian
partner dancing"....is this some sort of folkloric
dance?

C. Anderson wrote <<<<It also happens in some
Senegalese dances, and more often than not in
flamenco.>>>>

But is this by design, or just happenstance? I was
really thinking about partner dancing, but didn't
mention that part. Wish I knew more about
Flamenco...can it be considered a partner dance?

Michael Figart II