[Tango-L] Is tango the only cross-footed dance

Ron Weigel tango.society at gmail.com
Tue May 9 20:26:32 EDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Michael Figart II <michaelfigart at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've heard quite a few times that Argentine Tango is
> the only dance where partners may step on same foot at
> same time. Is this in fact, actually true??? I know
> extremely little about any other forms of dance, but I
> know some of you have extensive knowledge. What do you
> think?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Figart II

Michael,

Susana and I do some ballroom dancing in addition to tango. I know one
cha-cha move that is done in crossed-feet (kind of a media luna walk)
and I think there may be a few others in cha-cha that I've forgotten,
but I find it hard to remember any other crossed-feet patterns in the
dozen or so ballroom dances I've learned a bit of. Perhaps at the
advanced level - I don't know.

Ron