[Tango-L] chartered for growth

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 15:46:26 EDT 2006

Hi Steve,

I am still analyzing the responses I have received,
but you do do bring up one interesting aspect.

Pittsburgh and Portland are also similar in that in
our cities, the tango events are centrally located.
In Pittsburgh, the events are located within a mile or
two (there are now a total of five groups with two
groups providing the main activities).  Most
organizers live within two miles of each other.

This proximity may have helped ease the conflict.  It
certainly made it easier for those who wanted to
support multiple groups during the early years of
conflict. It also kept the desire for unity alive for
nonorganizers within the community, as opposed to
accepting it as part of the landscape.

Trini de Pittsburgh