[Tango-L] Getting to Expert (or - Lawrence of Arabia dances tango)

Lucia curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar
Tue May 9 15:08:12 EDT 2006

Mallpasso at aol.com escribió:

  I'm not sure about the  hidden message Lawrence is trying to convey but
  [snip]

  I'll give a try:

  Combat drill attempts  to instill the feel for the field of battle  and appropriate behaviour,  the handling of arms, the orientation  in difficult situation, these becoming second nature.

  For it is only when he is absolutely succesful with these skills that the soldier has a chance of staying alive under fire.

  Those rare soldiers, who in addition to mastering of lower soldierly  skills, have the physical courage, the understanding of the sense of  the battle and  the skill to manage it, the intelligence and  leadership talent - to !raise above the battle scene! -  they are  the true commanders.

  They are the !kingfishers!.

  As we see, there's a similarity with the Great Tangueros....

  Lucia ;-)

http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat3.asp?id=2287