[Tango-L] Definition of Axis (was: On Axis, Off Axis)

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Tue May 9 07:49:00 EDT 2006

Evan wrote:

> I think we need to be very careful about the use of the word "axis,"
> because most of the time that it is uttered in a class, it is utterly
> meaningless.

We need to be very careful about the use of words period.

Words were invented to say those things that are not communicable by the
direct means we already have. So no surprise that they are pretty much
useless for saying those things that are.

Whereas the tango connection is about as direct as it gets. It lets one
tell another about axis, and everything else that matters, far more
meaningfully than do words.

Chris