[Tango-L] What to learn first.

Zoltan Hidvegi tango-l at hzoli.com
Fri May 5 14:54:46 EDT 2006

Chris, UK wrote:
> Sergio wrote:
>
> > due to lack of space people only dance close embrace tango.
>
> I'd be interested to hear what makes you think people dancing only close
> embrace is due to lack of space.

Please read Sergio's email again, and do not quote out of context.
The full sentence for the above quote was this:

    This is the situation in most milongas in B.A. where due to lack
    of space people only dance close embrace tango.

I.e. in the crowded BsAs milongas people only dance close embrace due
to the lack of space.  That's just a simple fact, if you have a big
crowd in an small room, people have to be close.  He did not say that
that's the only or even the main reason people dance close.  He even
said that you can dance close everywhere, even if there is enough room
for open.

-Zoltan