[Tango-L] How about a new way to ask questions and answer?

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu May 4 15:49:58 EDT 2006

Sergio's lastest post on "fingers on the back" gave me
insight into why there is so much infighting. There seems to
be a "one shoe fits every foot" response.

To avoid misunderstandings, I SUGGEST (not decree) that
questions indicate a specific style of tango (close embrace,
open embrace, nuevo, etc.) and that the answer indicate a
style of tango.

For example, I answered a question about fingers on the back
from a close embrace point of view. Others answered from an
open point of view. But the salient point is "what was the
perspective of the questioner?"

If somebody asks a question about open, I'll know NOT to
answer because I don't dance open.

Hopefully if we clarify our style of dance, we will get
better questions and answers instead of the insults.

Just a thought.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
I watch professional wrestling Friday nights. I don't need
to see it on the list.