[Tango-L] leading w/fingers on back

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Thu May 4 10:56:28 EDT 2006

> Good morning list,
I'd like to find out what the followers think about a leader
who> guides with fingers of right hand;
> Michael from Texas
Michael:
This sounds like a leader dancing tango as if it was a
ballroom dance. In ballroom, the right hand is used for
leading because most of the dances are in an open frame
where there isn't any upper body contact.

I dance ballroom but use my palm instead of my fingers. I've
seen ballroom teachers teach Argentine tango as if it was a
ballroom dance. This could be the source.

In ballroom, the man's right hand is under the woman's left
shoulder blade. In tango, I wrap my right arm around the
small of her back to ensure good contact as buckling a seat
belt.

The "Other" Michael
Washington, DC
The pollen is killng me. I should buy stock in Pfizer
Pharmaceuticals I buy so much Sudafed.