[Tango-L] leading w/fingers on back

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 10:08:13 EDT 2006

Good morning list,

This was posted a while back, and it has stuck in my mind...I know this
method is used frequently and maybe it's effective, but to me it really
looks tacky. I'd like to find out what the followers think about a
leader who guides with fingers of right hand; what does it feel like? Is
it bad? Or am I just biased because I have no fingers to use? (I
understand that fingers can be used as part of hand/arm/whole body...I'm
talking about the really obvious stuff where leader looks like he is
pushing buttons or switching levers).

<<<<<< Then you place your hand on her back and explain to the beginner
tango dancers that the right part of her back controls her Rt. leg and
that the Lt. part of her body controls her Lt. one. Then you proceed to
show the correct lead of a front ocho. You touch the lady's rt. side of
her back with the fingers of your right hand  applying a slight pressure
(no stubbing here) and the lady advances her rt. leg. to your right.
Then with the area of your rt. hand close to the wrist (the tennar
prominence of the hand) you put some pressure on the lt side of the
woman's back so that she pivots and advances her lt. leg finishing the
second half of her front ocho.>>>>>>>>

What do you think, ladies (or guys too, I guess)? And thanks for your
input!

Michael from Texas