[Tango-L] What Derik fails to understand

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Wed May 3 16:44:25 EDT 2006

Derik unfortunately wrote
> Dear Chris UK:
> >
> What is it about the mentality of these "close embrace all
the time" people?  If you happen to disagree with them they
threaten you...lol.

> Last week I was at a milonga and someone went out of
> their way to pour ice water into my chair...
Derik:
You just don't get it. Sean or Trina gave you an opening to
express yourself coherently when the writer mentioned that
Sergio was talking about your feelings. Earlier today,
Catherine(?) wanted to know why you are so angry.

Everybody has preferences in life. For example, some like
Monet, Picasso, etc. Some like to dance open, close, liso,
or some other style. Some like the "good stuff" in music
(Pugliese, DiSarli, Troilo, etc.) Some like alternative
music. That's a preference. Preferences are not right or
wrong.

I like close embrace and only want to dance close embrace to
the "good stuff."
You may not like my preference. That's OK. But to attack my
preference is just uncalled for. And to expect nobody to
respond is just foolish. I don't remember anybody in the
past three days attacking your preferences.

Come to think of it, I don't know your preferences except
that you like to attack other people's preferences,
especially close embrace.

The other Michael wrote that his Japanese friend doesn't go
to milongas for fear of punching you. You wrote that
somebody dumped water on your chair at a milonga. Have you
ever considered that your actions cause other people to
dislike you? Do you care?

I was going to pull the trigger but decided instead to take
a more conciliatory approach in the hope a rational
discussion would begin. It's up to you.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Hoping my email doesn't explode when I open it later
tonight.