[Tango-L] dull and predictable

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 15:58:12 EDT 2006

I've thought about this one.....there is only one possible event that
Derik could have been referring to with his statement about music
becoming dull and predictable when the milongueros walk in......

Robin Thomas was in town a couple months ago for a workshop, and at the
Saturday milonga he took over the music at about 10:30 (thank goodness).

If the music of Robin Thomas is either predictable or dull, so be it,
bring on some more dullness and predictability. Chris, I'm sure you
don't know Robin, but he is regarded by many as the very finest DJ in
the US (sorry Tine, haven't heard you yet, but can't wait!).

And Chris, on the surface, you think you have a point, but the
implications of this statement (easily understood by all, even Derik!),
went far beyond the actual statement itself. So Tine threw in two words
(the mildest of all of them), that weren't as direct an insult as the
rest, so what? They were insulting, nonetheless.

And Tine, of course, you owe no apologies! Thanks for all your postings.

Ciao,

Michael