[Tango-L] The leads left arm--elboe down

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 13:42:12 EDT 2006

Hi Burl,

You've already received some great advice. I
especially like practicing a lot without that arm at
all. Just relax it at your side, or put your hand in
your pocket like Gavito.

But maybe this will help also....upper arm always
pretty firm, and out in front, just a tad (2 inches,
about, ahead of exactly lateral), forearm soft, but
ready to firm up if needed, kinda like spongy
hydraulics. And...imagine a line coming straight out
of left palm pointing to the other side of the
embrace's main contact point (your right upper
arm/side of follower).

Good luck, and kudos on the search for "quiet tango"!!

(Ladies, please don't grip thumb!)

Regards,

Michael