[Tango-L] Social tango definition

Michael Figart II michaelfigart at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 18:15:54 EDT 2006

Igor, so does this mean that we can't go to a milonga
(or a practica), and enjoy the social aspects and
still dance "personal tango"?

Sorry, Igor, we're discussing the term "social tango"
as it relates to dance styles. It is used quite
commonly (in the US, anyway) to refer to the styles of
dance that can be danced politely on a crowded dance
floor. Of course all tango can be considered a "social
activity", even if its a tango class, but that's
missing the point of this discussion.

And if "Someone dance show tango, but in fact it is a
Personal one", doesn't that muddy up your own
definitions?

Cheers,

Michael