[Tango-L] Who v. What

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 21:52:09 EDT 2006

Huck,

Thanks you for the wonderful explication of my brief post. I was about to
answer Jake myself, but you've done a great job of it. Jake, there is one
thing that needs clearing up a little bit. I don't discount a persons
opinion on the grounds that he or she is not a good dancer. I do however
question their credentials as tango dance instructors.

Anyway, my main point is that it is good to get to know the people who opine
so freely and with such authority so you can make an educated decision to
accept their expertise or not. This is not something only applicable or
unique to the TANGO-L. It's very common to read some very forceful and
compelling opinions and advise about things such as how to build up your car
for top performance from people who do not even own a high performance car,
have never worked on one and have no empirical knowledge or hands on
experience at all. They might sound terrifically wise, educated and expert,
but in reality they are just dilettantes who are parroting a mish mash of
opinions and words they've read from other people who probably read them in
some forum which way back was written by some would be expert....

No the results of taking such advise seriously can be disastrous. You'll end
up wasting tons of money and time just screw up a perfectly good car... In
tango it's not quite so bad, but you can indeed end up wasting a lot of
time, money, effort and emotions and not learning to dance tango... My
advise for what it's worth is "let the listeros beware".... Words in the
computer screen can be totally unconnected to reality.....

Sincerely,

Manuel

visit our webpage
www.tango-rio.com