[Tango-L] Milonguera/os celebrate birthdays in July

Janis Kenyon jantango at feedback.net.ar
Fri Jun 30 19:08:24 EDT 2006

Luis Alberto Ayala -- July 3, 1941 -- 65
Beto grew up in the neighborhood where I live.  During his teenage years he
rented suits from a drycleaner for a peso and had a different suit each
weekend.  Beto began teaching last year and has had students from Scotland,
Japan, and the USA.  His legs seem to disappear when he turns.

Hector Pellozzo -- July 5, 1937 -- 69
You'll find him on Saturdays in Plaza Bohemia where he runs the afternoon
milonga Cachirulo with Norma Zugasti.

Jorge Ruben Orellana -- July  8, 1932 -- 74
Jorge dances practically every afternoon in the milongas.  I first danced
with him in Viejo Correo about six years ago.  He is one of the 28 finalists
for milonga in the Campeonato Metropolitano.

Hector Carlos Delgado -- July 17, 1930 -- 76
Hector should be named the waltz king, because he dances it better than
anyone.  I'll never forget the tanda we danced early one Saturday in Region
Leonesa.  It took my breath away.  His favorite orchestra is Carlos Di
Sarli, and he asked me to find someone to compile all the Di Sarli waltzes
and milongas on cassette.  I wish I had such a tape to give Hector on his
birthday.

Amanda Norma Lucero -- July 30, 1940 -- 66
For the past five months, she has been giving group classes in Salon Canning
to impart what he knows after more than 50 years in the milongas.  Amanda
has the smallest and most beautiful feet that dance.  She never saw herself
dancing until I filmed her in the milongas.  And she sings tango, too.