[Tango-L] tango learning concepts

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Fri Jun 16 10:09:00 EDT 2006

Bruno

> I think that form, structure, rhythm, improvisation, and navigation are
> convenient parameters or concepts commonly used or referred to in
> teaching argentine dance.  These concepts are at odd with a student's own
> concept of the dance.

Indeed what goes by these words in classes are all to often just
fabrications; artifacts of the instructional model rather than aspects of
the dance itself.

> taking classes is analogous to borrowing somebody else's soul to dance.
> Until the dancer finds a way to display his soul (personality traits) on
> the dance floor, the dancer will continue borrowing somebody else's soul
> to dance.

Perhaps, but certainly until that dancer stops borrowing somebody else's
soul to dance, it will hinder him in finding the way to display his own.

Chris