[Tango-L] Another Update on the North American Tango Festivals

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 16:03:50 EDT 2006

--- "TangoDC.com" <spatz at tangoDC.com> wrote:

... What IS "social dancing" in N. America, Steve?
Does your asterisk just indicate ... the ones at which
Robin Thomas is DJing?

Jake Spatz
Washington, DC
========================

Now you are on to the start of something here Jake!
When Robin DJs, there can be no doubt that it will be
a great party. A great party means a social festival,
no?

But can we extend this criterion? For example, in
addition to being on the ever growing list of N.
America's best DJs, Robin is also on the ever growing
list of N. America's best teachers. (I'm judging
primarily by the quality of his students' dancing.) So
when Robin is teaching at a festival, may we consider
it to be an educational festival, rather than a social
festival?

Now things are going to get a bit sticky. How do we
classify a festival in which Robin both teaches and
DJs?

Sean
:)

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://www.pitt.edu/~mcph/PATangoWeb.htm