[Tango-L] Surrender: Trying again

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 14:28:21 EDT 2006

That is definitely true, after having offered to lead a few times in class
for women who outnumbered the men, I had a newfound respect for leaders. It
is certainly not easy at all. There is more thinking and planning involved
and thus, a leader has to somehow keep all those plates spinning at once.
Any intelligent, thoughtful, educated woman follower would be conscious of
that, I'm sure. But perhaps never will understand entirely how much work it
is until they've learned how to lead too.

As for Jake, "I just wish
sometimes that they wouldn't put everything in terms of free-flowing
pleasure, and realize that there's a lot of ordering, shaping, and
Apollonian work going on, which is (at its rare best) made completely
invisible to them."

That's the best compliment you can get, Jake! It is certainly not easy for a
woman to simply surrender - and if she could do that, it's the best reward
for all the hard work you've put into leading.

Caroline