[Tango-L] Innovators

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Mon Jun 5 12:34:17 EDT 2006

Tango innovation does not mean something completely new.
It also includes going back to such depth of historical dance that even
current Argentineans hardly remember about it. I feel there is 1000 more
material there in the forgotten storehouse of history than our current
modern dancers can imagine.

As only one small example, when I saw people just touching the basis of
Canyengue with eyes wide open and saying "This is mine, this is what I
always wanted to dance!". Are they innovators? I believe they are.

Igor Polk