[Tango-L] Define a tango moment (Collectively experienced before being taken personally )

Igor Polk ipolk at VIRTUAR.COM
Sat Jun 3 18:37:05 EDT 2006

Daniel, well put.

There is definitely an important thing: a collective tango moment. It is
made of individual moments and amplifies individual moments. That is why
some milongas are better than others.

Thanks for clarifying it!

It looks like tango moments are so different and vary in degrees. For
example, sometime ago I was at a little milonga where only 3 couples were
present dancing. Tango stopped. Silence. No one start talking, couple
dissolve still holding arms for a moment, room became a magical kingdom.
Then another dance started. In those seconds between music I felt a tango
moment strongly related to the whole group inside.

Igor.