[Tango-L] El Ciruja (Lunfardo), Engrupida (Lunfardo , Spanish)

Duende de Tango duendedetango at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 17:54:46 EDT 2006

engrupida/engrupido in Spanish means stuck-up,
conceited, smooth-talking (Argentina, Chile)
engrupida/engrupido in Lunfardo means an important person; stuckup

the verb engrupir, in Spanish means to con; and
the verb engrupirse, in Spanish means to be conned; get conceited, put on airs;
the verb engrupir, in Lunfardo means to lie and cheat

La Ciruja, en Lunfardo means someone who is
looking for something to eat from trash.
(Of course, cirujano in Spanish means surgeon!)