[Tango-L] tango moments

andrea ako31 at nyc.rr.com
Fri Jun 2 12:09:18 EDT 2006

hi all:

its been quite the email morning.

apologies to those i havent the time to answer right away personally
to - this discussion is important but i do have work to do!
(this is one of my work avoiding behaviors)

anyway, i received some pretty funny feedback to my boundary setting
with derrick.

it was suggested by someone that i "burn in hell" for doing so, and
another that my "tango moment would be giving Derik a gancho in
the kahones."

nope- i am a non violent tanguera.

i would invite him to nyc to the next milonga at the united nations,
then i would  lead him in a most soft and delicious dance, followed
by taking him  with me and my 'chicas' (hey, u guys!)to an all woman
owned and operated chinese restaurant.

and fyi, derrick respected my request and has not further emailed me
personally.

there are enough critical, judgemental, and ill meaning voices in the
world- i do have a say in who may have my ear, my email, or not.
i dont dance with a guy who announced that he voted for bush, so why
would i continue with anyone who thinks its ok to generalize about
people according to their gender or nationality?

sometimes people need a boundary set and i have set it.

contentiousness is a way of getting attention and communicating that
isnt very useful.

i am really not interested in derrick's post.

i am interested in the tango discussion about "tango moments" and i
hope my previous post was helpful to u, tine.

its easy to shoot virtual bullets from a keyboard, but there are
enough being fired around the planet already, mais non?

a n d r e a