[Tango-L] Fw: Define: Tango Moment

Donna sfdonnamite at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 2 11:37:50 EDT 2006

Dancing tango  for 12 years and in 6 countries including the US.I am
speaking as a follower.
I can tell you those tango moments have been few and far between and are
felt by both partners

I call them tangasms. It has been a combination of trust,great
respect,and a feeling of being elevated  and allowed to create and move
with the leader.Ususallly the leader is very well seasoned and
experienced  and knows to dance with strong intention.
A memorable experience for both.Without verbal orders or even speaking.

After experiencing such a 91/2 minute life,one is is always trying to
recreate this.
The memory stays longer than a dance or a tanda.
One is always seeking this beautiful moment.

My first feeling of trust is when a leader extends thier hand and the
way they extend it.
For me it tells a whole story of what is to come.

As one tanguero in Argentina put it,  the woman in your arms should feel
and look like a queen!!!

The only words spoken after the tanda,"was that as good for you as it
was for me????"

I will  try again in Montrial.
Donna