[Tango-L] Define: Tango Moment

Kace kace at pacific.net.sg
Thu Jun 1 22:47:14 EDT 2006

Yale Tango Club wrote:
>   Do any of you have any good one-liners to define a tango moment to a non-tango person?

A tango moment is an epiphany moment when you suddenly understand
why it was worth all the blood sweat and tears to learn the
challenging dance of Tango.

In our classes for beginners, we frequently tell them to go out
to the milongas to dance socially, instead of hanging around
practicas and dancing technically with other learners.
We tell them that is the only way to achieve "the tango moment".

They readily understand the concept, even if it is still elusive
like an orgasm to a virgin --- until they pass that portal
themselves, then they are hooked.

kace
tangosingapore.com