[Tango-L] Finnish Tango

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 1 11:30:39 EDT 2006

Dear Mail,

            Once in a while I heard a Finnish Tango orchestra playing in
Argentina, and some singers as well as dancers.

The music I found to be very beautiful as well as the sound of the Finish
language (it sounds a little like Castilian - our language - the vowels I
mean)  .  Some tangos seemed to be more like marches . The lyrics I was told
talk about the beauty of nature in Finland.

Dancing was different from any Argentine tango I had seen. Seemed to have
something of the international style of tango.

But then I only saw a few couples.

Best regards, long life to Finnish Tango, Sergio.