[Tango-L] Fwd: Embellishment Queens

astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Thu Jul 27 23:07:21 EDT 2006

It always blows me away how people state things as an obvious fact that they
don't really have a clue about and just assume to be true.

So, Andrew, you mean, when a woman does a little lapiz it is because she is
about to fall over to the side?
I remember Melina Brufman teaching us that during the calecita, if the man
puts you into the diagonal you can do circles with your left foot that
indeed do assist you in struggling against being dropped to the floor or
being dragged around in egg shapped circles by some aspiring intermediate
dancers during class...
but that is only ONE way an adorno can work, and it is really a
worst-scenario-application of it.

---Andrew RYSER SZYMAムSKI---
After all, the biomechanical function of
embellishments is to re-establish your balance
[usually by widening your base of support]- what do a
lot of adornos say about your sense of balance?

This is news to me. I was unaware that "the biomechanical function of
embellishments is to re-establish your balance". Can any of you learned
people shed any light on this for me?

Chas
http://www.thetangohouse.com