[Tango-L] Connection, how do you teach it?

andy andy.ungureanu at t-online.de
Thu Jul 20 20:26:21 EDT 2006

Igor Polk schrieb:
> Connection, how do you teach it?
>
> Since many dancers agree that connection is the most important for open as
> well as close embrace, I guess it is a useful topic. Can you give me some
> reference to a useful material? It does not have to be an argentine tango
> dance.
>
> How do you teach connection, especially in open embrace?

let them dance without using arms but keeping a light ball or a balloon
between their chests. For open embrace a big balloon ;-), for close
embrace a cloth. With a big balloon they can even use the arms, there is
anyway not too much power with extended arms.
If the balloon stay round, the right pressure is found, if it bursts it
was too much, if they loose it, there was no connection.

Andy