[Tango-L] Alberto and the Kama Sutra

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 13:06:00 EDT 2006

http://us.f302.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=5632_41045996_27235_2110_16855_0_8

This is a link to the newsgroup run by Daniel Lapadula
where Alberto posted the reference to the Kama Sutra.
To summarize: the group is debating the campeonato
which recently took place in BsAs and whether the
judges fairly applied the criteria of 'maintaining the
embrace'.  Alberto and others are pointing out that so
much of dancing is individual and that some things
can't be evaluated objectively.  He then references
the Kama Sutra which he has downloaded ( my mistake)
to point out that in Chapter 2, the Hindus have
identified four types of embrace in making love (
Sutra).  He also gets in a little dig about Americans
who insist on quantifying everything ( see Masters &
johnson et al) and concludes that some things just
can't be measured.

If someone would care to provide a translation, I am
sure Alberto would not mind, but I am bored with
trying to appease the drama queen.