[Tango-L] milonga-milongueros

burl burl burlq7 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 10:56:15 EDT 2006

Michael Figart II <michaelfigart at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I, for one, would like to thank Deby for taking the time to send the
informative email (below), and I wish that we could enjoy more like it.
It's very nice to be able to read about the milongueros and their
thoughts. I wish I knew more Spanish so I could converse fluently when
am in Buenos Aires. For now I have to rely on the translations provided
by Deby, and a few others, to get my news "straight from the horse's
mouth".

  I couldn't agree more:
  God knows I care what some old biddy down in south america thinks.  If I begin to suspect I am not doing what they do (like not watching TV or just buying shoes) it will completely undermine my lead.

  Worse still, what if I am doing what they do but calling it something else (or miss pronouncing it too)?

  What I really need to do is travel down there and get authenticated by some old folks who were alive in 1897 or so.  Then at least I wouldn't always worry that maybe what I thought was a milonga was actually a tango.

  yours
  Burleigh