[Tango-L] The intellectual sophism of Tango

El Mundo del Tango mail at elmundodeltango.com
Fri Jul 14 05:03:40 EDT 2006

<<Julio Balmaceda a milonguero?  Bite your tongue.  He dances and teaches
tango, but he is not a milonguero, nor is Ernesto.>>

Both Ernesto and Julio consider themselves milongueros and with all due
respect Deby, I believe them , not you.
I have seen Julio dancing non stop in milongas for hours  after teaching all
day, perfectly on the music, on a square foot, perfectly on the line of
dance, and with beginner partners, not only Corina or other pro ladies.
He does not dance the so called "milonguero style", of course, but he is a
milonguero.

<<Facundo? .. Haven't seen him at a milonga in maybe 5
years.  >>
I know him well. He goes all the time. No to downtown though. It is a big
city..you know that.....

<<You are not a milonguero simply because you are Argentine and  you dance
tango or because you are old. >>
I forgot...I need approval from  Christopher, you and your friends....But
all sarcasm aside, you are correct. I have never said  anything about being
Argentine or old.
I said a "milonguero" is a social dancer, regardless of style danced.

Gabriel